New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter
3. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
5. not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
7. that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8. This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.
9. But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
12. When I send Artemas to you, or Tychicus, be diligent to come to me at Nicopolis, for I have decided to spend the winter there.
14. And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful.