New King James Version
Next Chapter >>>
3. Because of the fragrance of your good ointments, Your name is ointment poured forth; Therefore the virgins love you.
4. Draw me away! The Daughters of Jerusalem We will run after you. The Shulamite The king has brought me into his chambers. The Shulamite Rightly do they love you.
5. I am dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, Like the tents of Kedar, Like the curtains of Solomon.
6. Do not look upon me, because I am dark, Because the sun has tanned me. My mother's sons were angry with me; They made me the keeper of the vineyards, But my own vineyard I have not kept.
7. (To Her Beloved) Tell me, O you whom I love, Where you feed your flock, Where you make it rest at noon. For why should I be as one who veils herself By the flocks of your companions?
8. The Beloved If you do not know, O fairest among women, Follow in the footsteps of the flock, And feed your little goats Beside the shepherds' tents.