New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?
4. Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."
5. But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.)
7. For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?
8. And why not say, "Let us do evil that good may come"?--as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.
9. What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
12. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one."
13. Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit"; "The poison of asps is under their lips";
19. Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21. But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22. even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
25. whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26. to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
29. Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,
30. since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.