King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
2. Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.
3. Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.
7. They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground.
8. They said in their hearts, Let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land.
9. We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.
14. Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
18. Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O Lord, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.
19. O deliver not the soul of thy turtledove unto the multitude of the wicked: forget not the congregation of thy poor for ever.
20. Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.