New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. Set the 'The Lilies.' A Psalm of David. Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck.
2. I sink in deep mire, Where there is no standing; I have come into deep waters, Where the floods overflow me.
4. Those who hate me without a cause Are more than the hairs of my head; They are mighty who would destroy me, Being my enemies wrongfully; Though I have stolen nothing, I still must restore it.
6. Let not those who wait for You, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed because of me; Let not those who seek You be confounded because of me, O God of Israel.
9. Because zeal for Your house has eaten me up, And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
13. But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, in the acceptable time; O God, in the multitude of Your mercy, Hear me in the truth of Your salvation.
14. Deliver me out of the mire, And let me not sink; Let me be delivered from those who hate me, And out of the deep waters.
15. Let not the floodwater overflow me, Nor let the deep swallow me up; And let not the pit shut its mouth on me.
16. Hear me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good; Turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies.
20. Reproach has broken my heart, And I am full of heaviness; I looked for someone to take pity, but there was none; And for comforters, but I found none.