New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. A Contemplation of David. Give ear to my prayer, O God, And do not hide Yourself from my supplication.
3. Because of the voice of the enemy, Because of the oppression of the wicked; For they bring down trouble upon me, And in wrath they hate me.
12. For it is not an enemy who reproaches me; Then I could bear it. Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me; Then I could hide from him.
15. Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell, For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.
18. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, For there were many against me.
19. God will hear, and afflict them, Even He who abides from of old. Selah Because they do not change, Therefore they do not fear God.
20. He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has broken his covenant.
21. The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.
22. Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.