King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?
10. For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.
11. Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
14. Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
18. Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.