New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. Set to 'The Lilies.' A Contemplation of the sons of Korah. A song of Love. My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
2. You are fairer than the sons of men; Grace is poured upon Your lips; Therefore God has blessed You forever.
4. And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humility, and righteousness; And Your right hand shall teach You awesome things.
6. Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
7. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.
8. All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia, Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.
9. Kings' daughters are among Your honorable women; At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
10. Listen, O daughter, Consider and incline your ear; Forget your own people also, and your father's house;
14. She shall be brought to the King in robes of many colors; The virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to You.