King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what work thou didst in their days, in the times of old.
2. How thou didst drive out the heathen with thy hand, and plantedst them; how thou didst afflict the people, and cast them out.
3. For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
5. Through thee will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us.
13. Thou makest us a reproach to our neighbours, a scorn and a derision to them that are round about us.
17. All this is come upon us; yet have we not forgotten thee, neither have we dealt falsely in thy covenant.
19. Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.