New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. A Psalm of David. Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me.
4. Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonor Who seek after my life; Let those be turned back and brought to confusion Who plot my hurt.
7. For without cause they have hidden their net for me in a pit, Which they have dug without cause for my life.
8. Let destruction come upon him unexpectedly, And let his net that he has hidden catch himself; Into that very destruction let him fall.
10. All my bones shall say, "Lord, who is like You, Delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, Yes, the poor and the needy from him who plunders him?"
13. But as for me, when they were sick, My clothing was sackcloth; I humbled myself with fasting; And my prayer would return to my own heart.
14. I paced about as though he were my friend or brother; I bowed down heavily, as one who mourns for his mother.
15. But in my adversity they rejoiced And gathered together; Attackers gathered against me, And I did not know it; They tore at me and did not cease;
17. Lord, how long will You look on? Rescue me from their destructions, My precious life from the lions.
19. Let them not rejoice over me who are wrongfully my enemies; Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause.
20. For they do not speak peace, But they devise deceitful matters Against the quiet ones in the land.
25. Let them not say in their hearts, "Ah, so we would have it!" Let them not say, "We have swallowed him up."
26. Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion Who rejoice at my hurt; Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor Who exalt themselves against me.