New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness.
2. Bow down Your ear to me, Deliver me speedily; Be my rock of refuge, A fortress of defense to save me.
7. I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, For You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities,
9. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; My eye wastes away with grief, Yes, my soul and my body!
10. For my life is spent with grief, And my years with sighing; My strength fails because of my iniquity, And my bones waste away.
11. I am a reproach among all my enemies, But especially among my neighbors, And am repulsive to my acquaintances; Those who see me outside flee from me.
13. For I hear the slander of many; Fear is on every side; While they take counsel together against me, They scheme to take away my life.
15. My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies, And from those who persecute me.
17. Do not let me be ashamed, O Lord, for I have called upon You; Let the wicked be ashamed; Let them be silent in the grave.
18. Let the lying lips be put to silence, Which speak insolent things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
19. Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men!
20. You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion From the strife of tongues.
22. For I said in my haste, "I am cut off from before Your eyes"; Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications When I cried out to You.
23. Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints! For the Lord preserves the faithful, And fully repays the proud person.