New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. A Psalm of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
3. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident.
4. One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple.
5. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
6. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
9. Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation.
12. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.
13. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.