King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
6. In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
7. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
8. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
11. He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
13. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
14. Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.
15. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
17. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
20. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
24. Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.
25. With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
30. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
35. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
37. I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.
39. For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
42. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
43. Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
48. He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
49. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.