King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
3. Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4. Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
6. I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
7. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
12. Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
13. Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
14. From men which are thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.