New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. The wicked in his pride persecutes the poor; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
5. His ways are always prospering; Your judgments are far above, out of his sight; As for all his enemies, he sneers at them.
7. His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and oppression; Under his tongue is trouble and iniquity.
8. He sits in the lurking places of the villages; In the secret places he murders the innocent; His eyes are secretly fixed on the helpless.
9. He lies in wait secretly, as a lion in his den; He lies in wait to catch the poor; He catches the poor when he draws him into his net.
14. But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief, To repay it by Your hand. The helpless commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.
17. Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear,