New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful Have opened against me; They have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
10. Let his children continually be vagabonds, and beg; Let them seek their bread also from their desolate places.
12. Let there be none to extend mercy to him, Nor let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
14. Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord, And let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
16. Because he did not remember to show mercy, But persecuted the poor and needy man, That he might even slay the broken in heart.
17. As he loved cursing, so let it come to him; As he did not delight in blessing, so let it be far from him.
18. As he clothed himself with cursing as with his garment, So let it enter his body like water, And like oil into his bones.
19. Let it be to him like the garment which covers him, And for a belt with which he girds himself continually.
21. But You, O God the Lord, Deal with me for Your name's sake; Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
28. Let them curse, but You bless; When they arise, let them be ashamed, But let Your servant rejoice.
29. Let my accusers be clothed with shame, And let them cover themselves with their own disgrace as with a mantle.