King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
10. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
12. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
14. Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the Lord; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
16. Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
17. As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
18. As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
19. Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.
20. Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the Lord, and of them that speak evil against my soul.
21. But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.
28. Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.
29. Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.