New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. So do this, my son, and deliver yourself; For you have come into the hand of your friend Go and humble yourself; Plead with your friend.
5. Deliver yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, And like a bird from the hand of the fowler.
22. When you roam, they will lead you; When you sleep, they will keep you; And when you awake, they will speak with you.
23. For the commandment is a lamp, And the law a light; Reproofs of instruction are the way of life,
26. For by means of a harlot A man is reduced to a crust of bread; And an adulteress will prey upon his precious life.
31. Yet when he is found, he must restore sevenfold; He may have to give up all the substance of his house.
32. Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; He who does so destroys his own soul.