New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, his utterance. This man declared to Ithiel--to Ithiel and Ucal
4. Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, If you know?
8. Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches-- Feed me with the food allotted to me;
9. Lest I be full and deny You, And say, "Who is the Lord?" Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God.
14. There is a generation whose teeth are like swords, And whose fangs are like knives, To devour the poor from off the earth, And the needy from among men.
15. The leech has two daughters-- Give and Give! There are three things that are never satisfied, Four never say, "Enough!"
16. The grave, The barren womb, The earth that is not satisfied with water-- And the fire never says, "Enough!"
17. The eye that mocks his father, And scorns obedience to his mother, The ravens of the valley will pick it out, And the young eagles will eat it.
19. The way of an eagle in the air, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the midst of the sea, And the way of a man with a virgin.
20. This is the way of an adulterous woman She eats and wipes her mouth, And says, "I have done no wickedness ."
32. If you have been foolish in exalting yourself, Or if you have devised evil, put your hand on your mouth.