New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
7. For it is better that he say to you, "Come up here," Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen.
8. Do not go hastily to court; For what will you do in the end, When your neighbor has put you to shame?
13. Like the cold of snow in time of harvest Is a faithful mess enger to those who send him, For he refreshes the soul of his masters.
20. Like one who takes away a garment in cold weather, And like vinegar on soda, Is one who sings songs to a heavy heart.
24. It is better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.