King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
7. For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.
8. Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.
12. As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.
13. As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.
16. Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.
18. A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.
19. Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.
20. As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre, so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart.
24. It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.