King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
7. For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
21. For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
24. The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
29. Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
31. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
34. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.