New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. The wrath of a king is like the roaring of a lion; Whoever provokes him to anger sins against his own life.
13. Do not love sleep, lest you come to poverty; Open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with bread.
16. Take the garment of one who is surety for a stranger, And hold it as a pledge when it is for a seductress .
19. He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore do not ass ociate with one who flatters with his lips.
25. It is a snare for a man to devote rashly something as holy, And afterward to reconsider his vows.