King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
2. Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.
7. All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.
13. A foolish son is the calamity of his father: and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.
17. He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
19. A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again.
21. There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.
23. The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
24. A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.
25. Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
26. He that wasteth his father, and chaseth away his mother, is a son that causeth shame, and bringeth reproach.