New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. A man shall eat well by the fruit of his mouth, But the soul of the unfaithful feeds on violence.
3. He who guards his mouth preserves his life, But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.
4. The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.
7. There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; And one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches.
18. Poverty and shame will come to him who disdains correction, But he who regards a rebuke will be honored.
19. A desire accomplished is sweet to the soul, But it is an abomination to fools to depart from evil.
22. A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.