King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
4. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
6. The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
8. A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
9. He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
10. A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
11. He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.
14. A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.
27. The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.