New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,
3. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
7. but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
8. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
12. Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
15. that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16. holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.
17. Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
19. But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly, that I also may be encouraged when I know your state.
22. But you know his proven character, that as a son with his father he served with me in the gospel.
25. Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need;
27. For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
28. Therefore I sent him the more eagerly, that when you see him again you may rejoice, and I may be less sorrowful.