New King James Version
Next Chapter >>>
1. Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
6. being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
7. just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
10. that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11. being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
12. But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel,
13. so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ;
14. and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
16. The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains;
18. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
19. For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
22. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23. For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
25. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,
27. Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
28. and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
29. For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,