New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. Command the children of Israel, and say to them 'When you come into the land of Canaan, this is the land that shall fall to you as an inheritance--the land of Canaan to its boundaries.
3. Your southern border shall be from the Wilderness of Zin along the border of Edom; then your southern border shall extend eastward to the end of the Salt Sea;
4. your border shall turn from the southern side of the Ascent of Akrabbim, continue to Zin, and be on the south of Kadesh Barnea; then it shall go on to Hazar Addar, and continue to Azmon;
6. 'As for the western border, you shall have the Great Sea for a border; this shall be your western border.
7. 'And this shall be your northern border From the Great Sea you shall mark out your border line to Mount Hor;
8. from Mount Hor you shall mark out your border to the entrance of Hamath; then the direction of the border shall be toward Zedad;
9. the border shall proceed to Ziphron, and it shall end at Hazar Enan. This shall be your northern border.
11. the border shall go down from Shepham to Riblah on the east side of Ain; the border shall go down and reach to the eastern side of the Sea of Chinnereth;
12. the border shall go down along the Jordan, and it shall end at the Salt Sea. This shall be your land with its surrounding boundaries.' "
13. Then Moses commanded the children of Israel, saying "This is the land which you shall inherit by lot, which the Lord has commanded to give to the nine tribes and to the half-tribe.
14. For the tribe of the children of Reuben according to the house of their fathers, and the tribe of the children of Gad according to the house of their fathers, have received their inheritance; and the half-tribe of Manasseh has received its inheritance.
15. The two tribes and the half-tribe have received their inheritance on this side of the Jordan, across from Jericho eastward, toward the sunrise."
17. These are the names of the men who shall divide the land among you as an inheritance Eleazar the priest and Joshua the son of Nun.
23. from the sons of Joseph a leader from the tribe of the children of Manasseh, Hanniel the son of Ephod,