New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple.
2. And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
3. Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
6. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
9. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
14. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
15. Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),
21. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.
24. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
26. Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it.
27. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
30. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32. Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
34. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.
38. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39. and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
43. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
45. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?
50. the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of,