New King James Version
Next Chapter >>>
2. As it is written in the Prophets: "Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You."
3. The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.' "
4. John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5. Then all the land of Judea, and those from Jerusalem, went out to him and were all baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.
6. Now John was clothed with camel's hair and with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey.
7. And he preached, saying, "There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose.
9. It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10. And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove.
13. And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.
14. Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15. and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
16. And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
19. When He had gone a little farther from there, He saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the boat mending their nets.
20. And immediately He called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, and went after Him.
21. Then they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and taught.
22. And they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
24. saying, "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are--the Holy One of God!"
26. And when the unclean spirit had convulsed him and cried out with a loud voice, he came out of him.
27. Then they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him."
29. Now as soon as they had come out of the synagogue, they entered the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.
31. So He came and took her by the hand and lifted her up, and immediately the fever left her. And she served them.
32. At evening, when the sun had set, they brought to Him all who were sick and those who were demon-possessed.
34. Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him.
35. Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.
38. But He said to them, "Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also, because for this purpose I have come forth."
40. Now a leper came to Him, imploring Him, kneeling down to Him and saying to Him, "If You are willing, You can make me clean."
41. Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed."
44. and said to him, "See that you say nothing to anyone; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing those things which Moses commanded, as a testimony to them."