New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, "Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!"
2. And Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
3. Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately,
4. Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?"
7. But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet.
8. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.
9. But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them.
11. But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
12. Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
14. So when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not" (let the reader understand), "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
15. Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house.
19. For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be.
20. And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.
21. Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, He is there!' do not believe it.
22. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
24. But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;
27. And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
28. Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
30. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.
32. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
34. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch.
35. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming--in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning--