New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
6. Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece.
8. And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast." And they took it.
9. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
10. And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"
11. This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
12. After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
14. And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business.
15. When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables.
16. And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
20. Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"
22. Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.
23. Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.