New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.
4. But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them. And these things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.
7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
15. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
16. A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father."
17. Then some of His disciples said among themselves, "What is this that He says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?"
18. They said therefore, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do not know what He is saying."
19. Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, "Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'?
20. Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
21. A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
22. Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
23. And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
24. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
25. These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.
26. In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
27. for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
28. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father."
30. Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."
32. Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.