New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Is there not a time of hard service for man on earth? Are not his days also like the days of a hired man?
2. Like a servant who earnestly desires the shade, And like a hired man who eagerly looks for his wages,
4. When I lie down, I say, 'When shall I arise, And the night be ended?' For I have had my fill of tossing till dawn.
8. The eye of him who sees me will see me no more; While your eyes are upon me, I shall no longer be.
11. Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
20. Have I sinned? What have I done to You, O watcher of men? Why have You set me as Your target, So that I am a burden to myself?