King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?
2. As a servant earnestly desireth the shadow, and as an hireling looketh for the reward of his work:
4. When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day.
9. As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.
11. Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
20. I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?