King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
10. Therefore hearken unto me ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.
11. For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.
19. How much less to him that accepteth not the persons of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor? for they all are the work of his hands.
20. In a moment shall they die, and the people shall be troubled at midnight, and pass away: and the mighty shall be taken away without hand.
25. Therefore he knoweth their works, and he overturneth them in the night, so that they are destroyed.
28. So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.
29. When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only:
33. Should it be according to thy mind? he will recompense it, whether thou refuse, or whether thou choose; and not I: therefore speak what thou knowest.