King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.
3. For want and famine they were solitary; fleeing into the wilderness in former time desolate and waste.
11. Because he hath loosed my cord, and afflicted me, they have also let loose the bridle before me.
12. Upon my right hand rise the youth; they push away my feet, and they raise up against me the ways of their destruction.
14. They came upon me as a wide breaking in of waters: in the desolation they rolled themselves upon me.
15. Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.
18. By the great force of my disease is my garment changed: it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat.
26. When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.