King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Behold, as wild asses in the desert, go they forth to their work; rising betimes for a prey: the wilderness yieldeth food for them and for their children.
12. Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.
13. They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.
15. The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me: and disguiseth his face.
16. In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the light.
17. For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death: if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death.
18. He is swift as the waters; their portion is cursed in the earth: he beholdeth not the way of the vineyards.
20. The womb shall forget him; the worm shall feed sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; and wickedness shall be broken as a tree.
24. They are exalted for a little while, but are gone and brought low; they are taken out of the way as all other, and cut off as the tops of the ears of corn.