New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. I have heard the rebuke that reproaches me, And the spirit of my understanding causes me to answer.
8. He will fly away like a dream, and not be found; Yes, he will be chased away like a vision of the night.
18. He will restore that for which he labored, And will not swallow it down; From the proceeds of business He will get no enjoyment.
19. For he has oppressed and forsaken the poor, He has violently seized a house which he did not build.
23. When he is about to fill his stomach, God will cast on him the fury of His wrath, And will rain it on him while he is eating.
25. It is drawn, and comes out of the body; Yes, the glittering point comes out of his gall. Terrors come upon him;
26. Total darkness is reserved for his treasures. An unfanned fire will consume him; It shall go ill with him who is left in his tent.