New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
4. I also could speak as you do, If your soul were in my soul's place. I could heap up words against you, And shake my head at you;
8. You have shriveled me up, And it is a witness against me; My leanness rises up against me And bears witness to my face.
9. He tears me in His wrath, and hates me; He gnashes at me with His teeth; My adversary sharpens His gaze on me.
10. They gape at me with their mouth, They strike me reproachfully on the cheek, They gather together against me.
12. I was at ease, but He has shattered me; He also has taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces; He has set me up for His target,
13. His archers surround me. He pierces my heart and does not pity; He pours out my gall on the ground.