New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. Since his days are determined, The number of his months is with You; You have appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass.
7. For there is hope for a tree, If it is cut down, that it will sprout again, And that its tender shoots will not cease.
12. So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake Nor be roused from their sleep.
13. Oh, that You would hide me in the grave, That You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, That You would appoint me a set time, and remember me!
14. If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes.
19. As water wears away stones, And as torrents wash away the soil of the earth; So You destroy the hope of man.
20. You prevail forever against him, and he passes on; You change his countenance and send him away.
21. His sons come to honor, and he does not know it; They are brought low, and he does not perceive it.