New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you. Indeed, who does not know such things as these?
4. I am one mocked by his friends, Who called on God, and He answered him, The just and blameless who is ridiculed.
5. A lamp is despised in the thought of one who is at ease; It is made ready for those whose feet slip.
6. The tents of robbers prosper, And those who provoke God are secure-- In what God provides by His hand.
7. But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you; And the birds of the air, and they will tell you;
14. If He breaks a thing down, it cannot be rebuilt; If He imprisons a man, there can be no release.
24. He takes away the understanding of the chiefs of the people of the earth, And makes them wander in a pathless wilderness.