New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes,
3. and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, "You sit here in a good place," and say to the poor man, "You stand there," or, "Sit here at my footstool,"
5. Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
8. If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;
11. For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
14. What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
16. and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
18. But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
23. And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
25. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?