New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Ephraim feeds on the wind, And pursues the east wind; He daily increases lies and desolation. Also they make a covenant with the Assyrians, And oil is carried to Egypt.
2. The Lord also brings a charge against Judah, And will punish Jacob according to his ways; According to his deeds He will recompense him.
4. Yes, he struggled with the Angel and prevailed; He wept, and sought favor from Him. He found Him in Bethel, And there He spoke to us--
6. So you, by the help of your God, return; Observe mercy and justice, And wait on your God continually.
8. And Ephraim said, 'Surely I have become rich, I have found wealth for myself; In all my labors They shall find in me no iniquity that is sin.'
9. But I am the Lord your God, Ever since the land of Egypt; I will again make you dwell in tents, As in the days of the appointed feast.
10. I have also spoken by the prophets, And have multiplied visions; I have given symbols through the witness of the prophets."
11. Though Gilead has idols-- Surely they are vanity-- Though they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal, Indeed their altars shall be heaps in the furrows of the field.