New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. As they called them, So they went from them; They sacrificed to the Baals, And burned incense to carved images.
4. I drew them with gentle cords, With bands of love, And I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck. I stooped and fed them.
5. He shall not return to the land of Egypt; But the Assyrian shall be his king, Because they refused to repent.
6. And the sword shall slash in his cities, Devour his districts, And consume them, Because of their own counsels.
7. My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they call to the Most High, None at all exalt Him.
8. How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I set you like Zeboiim? My heart churns within Me; My sympathy is stirred.
9. I will not execute the fierceness of My anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim. For I am God, and not man, The Holy One in your midst; And I will not come with terror.
10. They shall walk after the Lord. He will roar like a lion. When He roars, Then His sons shall come trembling from the west;
11. They shall come trembling like a bird from Egypt, Like a dove from the land of Assyria. And I will let them dwell in their houses," Says the Lord.