New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest,' "although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";
6. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7. again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts."
11. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.
12. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14. Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.