New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter
4. And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.
5. Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ;
6. not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
8. knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.
9. And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
12. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
16. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
18. praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--
19. and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,
21. But that you also may know my affairs and how I am doing, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will make all things known to you;
22. whom I have sent to you for this very purpose, that you may know our affairs, and that he may comfort your hearts.