New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
5. A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
11. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
13. and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor--it is the gift of God.
14. I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.
15. That which is has already been, And what is to be has already been; And God requires an account of what is past.
16. Moreover I saw under the sun In the place of judgment, Wickedness was there; And in the place of righteousness , Iniquity was there.
17. I said in my heart, "God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work."
18. I said in my heart, "Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals."
19. For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity.
21. Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?