New King James Version
Next Chapter >>>
6. The wind goes toward the south, And turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, And comes again on its circuit.
7. All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; To the place from which the rivers come, There they return again.
8. All things are full of labor; Man cannot express it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor the ear filled with hearing.
9. That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.
10. Is there anything of which it may be said, "See, this is new"? It has already been in ancient times before us.
11. There is no remembrance of former things, Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come By those who will come after.
13. And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised.
14. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and indeed, all is vanity and grasping for the wind.
16. I communed with my heart, saying, "Look, I have attained greatness , and have gained more wisdom than all who were before me in Jerusalem. My heart has understood great wisdom and knowledge."
17. And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.